The scope of the Maine Maple Producer’s Association is to promote the maple industry within the state of Maine, nationally and internationally.
At MMPA we are committed to providing our members with a variety of different ways to help produce and market Pure Maine Maple Syrup.
The MMPA represents more than 250 of the 450 producers licensed to sell maple products in Maine. Producers range from small artisan producers to bulk syrup providers that serve major grocery store chains, foodservice distributors, retailers and international markets. Many producers have product for sale direct to consumers throughout the year.
The state makes more than 575,000 gallons of syrup annually, generating more than $27 million for the Maine economy and supporting more than 560 full-time and part-time jobs that generate more than $17.3 million in wages.
Here is a list of benefits that a member should expect to receive upon paying their membership dues:
- Monthly business meetings in Augusta at Farm Bureau Building
- Agendas are emailed a few days ahead and secretary notes are emailed.
- Maple newsletter printed four times a year and mailed out in March, June, September and December.
- Marketing opportunities at Agricultural Fairs such as Farmington, Skowhegan and Fryeburg.
- Annual subscription to Maple Digest.
- Reduced prices on signage and grade labels.
- Advertising in multiple ways on our website and Maple Sunday map.
- Representation at NAMSC, IMSI and AgCom.
- Notification of applicable grants and statewide maple events.
- New memberships paid in November and December are good for the following year.
Membership consists of a variety of producers from the large bulk operations to the small maple producer, as well as equipment dealers
- Current membership consists of approximately 180 members
- If you are interested in becoming a member of Maine Maple Producer’s Association, please visit the Join page and complete the membership application by mail or online submission.